Sunday, 24 October 2010

Questions questions..

If you want to start up on your own (so to speak) who can you ask or where can you go to find out if you need any certificates such as health and safety and/or insurances?
I mean it's easy enough to just go along with an idea but then you don't want to be buggered because you find out you needed something that you didn't have.
I Know that if I do start my own business idea I need to register and I need public liability but other then that I don't have a clue.
How do I find out?


  1. I think it depends on what kind of business you're wanting to start. Isn't public liability only if you have an actual shop? If you do stuff from home I don't think you need it. The best thing would be to check with some place like the bank, because you'll be wanting a business account. They can normally advise you on starting up a business. And also, you might need an accountant, and they should also know those things. Good luck! :)

  2. I make and sell jewellery. I need public liability if I sell in stall at markets and stuff. Also I've been asked about doing workshops and I was thinking of doing jewellery parties but I'm just thinking I might need stuff to be allowed to do that, such as a health and safety certificate or similar.