Friday 20 May 2016

Speak life not death

This week is Mental Health Awareness Week so I decided to post something different today. I'm a big fan of actor/screenwriter Wentworth Miller and follow his Facebook page. He has a wonderful way with words and talks a lot about mental health so if you are on Facebook and want a tip for Follow Friday he is it. He wrote a post back in 2014 (and recently reposted) which I think is important no matter who you are or how your mental health is. The post is about how what we say is either to uplift or bring down and never neutral, especially in regards to what we say to ourselves.
 
 "There is no such thing as a neutral word... Either you are speaking life... Or you are speaking death..."

I've had a lot of death spoken into me over the years both by myself and others which may be why his post resonates with me. If you got a couple of minutes today go over to Facebook and read it;
A Good Talking To

And I truly hope that when it comes down to it you always chose to speak life, especially to yourself. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment