Monday 2 January 2017

Believe in you



Now I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions, the idea that you only get one chance a year to improve yourself. I have not made any resolutions to myself this year other than the ones I make every day. To try a little harder, to be a bit better. It is something I fail at on a regular basis but at least I know I get to try again the next day rather than having to wait another year.  And surely it must make a difference, to know I can do better, be better and to work on that each day. It is hard and relentless and sure sometimes it feels like an endless struggle but surely it must make a difference. I face each day no matter how hard trying to be a better version of me and I refuse to give in or roll over and play dead no matter the circumstances.

Not so long ago someone told me they think I must have a low opinion of myself as I am never completely happy with the outcomes of things, always wanting to improve it and that I judge myself too harshly. But I disagree, to me the fact that they don't think they can do better, be better, achieve more in their lives is selling themselves so very short. I am proud of who I am as a person, knowing I can still be more doesn't take anything away from that.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment