Sunday 26 July 2009

India!

Was deleting pictures because my computer is too clogged up, and found some (well loads actually) of pictures from the second time me & Jeff was in India.
So I decided to post some, due to the amount I will split it into sections and do It as more then 1 post.
I wish I could show pictures from my trip around Europe or the first trip to India but that was my pre-digital camera era :-)

First time we went we were with Indian friends the whole time so this time we wanted a week without them, which we spent in Delhi.
We were planning on travelling further away but British Airways lost my luggage and it took them a week to get it back to me.
When they did they delivered it to the wrong hotel and had ruined half my clothes by getting the bag wet somehow (before putting it into a plastic bag whatever the logic in that might have been). Also there is no one you can call whilst waiting for your bag, we had to travel all the way back to the airport to get any kind of answers.

And BA refused to pay me back for the ruined clothes! This is why I these day try to avoid travelling with them if possible, because I can live with them losing the bag but the way they treated it was appalling.

Also since I am a tall and broad shouldered woman I couldn't by any clothes that fit me. So the first week I wore tops that where too small and bought a pair of trousers for men. Also I could get hold of nickers but no bra my size so kept having to rewash it by hand every day. It did put a downer on the tip since we were hoping to go to Jaipur and ride on Elephants which we didn't get time to in the end because of British Airways.

Busy streets of Delhi. We lived in whats supposed to be the dodgy area. Well I think their dodgy area is safer the our nice areas.
Look at all the cables, that's how they get electricity :-)




Me in gemstone heaven! The first time we went we couldn't really find any, but this time we found a whole street full. Also as you can tell the top was a bit on the tight side, not my fault all their woman are so small :-)


A rooftop restaurant where I could actually get some food. To elaborate, thou I am quite willing to try all foods once, spicy food really don't agree with me. First time in India I lost 2 dress sizes because I lived on rice & water. Also Jeff liked it because they sold beer (not all places sell alcohol).


Our street at night.


Then we went to Derhadun where a friend of mine is from.
As soon as we could we borrowed a small motorbike and drove up Missouri Mountain. We both love it there, and whilst Delhi had still been hot we were going in late Autumn so the mountains were quite chilly.

Going up the mountain




And almost at the top looking down.


The first time we took lot of pictures of the town on the top, sadly we didn't this time so unless I scan some of my other pics onto the computer you will just have to imagine it.
And this is on the way down.
Also on the way down Jeff made noises at a monkey which pissed him off and made him chase us halfway down. Sadly the camera was packed down in my bag so no pic :-(

Me looking over the edge.


Some beautiful scenery when going down.


When also visited this place one day. I can't remember what it's called but they are like an organisation looking after the forests. Had a nice museum inside. And the building was so big It wouldn't fit into the picture.


Late cup of Coffee in a Cafe with friends.


Me learning how to ride a bike. I was a natural! Didn't fall once. :-)


As we where there my friend's cousin was getting married so we were invited to the wedding. The first time we went we were also invited to a wedding which is actually why we went. This time it just happened to be at the same time.

So this is me going to be measured for an outfit for the wedding. Apparently I'm not gracious enough to get to wear a sari so I had to go for what they call a suit.
Also as you can see I now have my own clothes to wear that actually fits!


If I post anymore I will post pics of the run up for the wedding and maybe the actual wedding too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment