Tuesday 8 December 2009

Update....Inca Trail.

In Arequipa now. The Inca trail is getting nearer and nearer. On saturday I start the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. And I have been warned that it´s murder!
At the highest point I will be 4,215 metres (13,830 ft) above sea level.

Apparently day 2 is the worst because all you do all day if walk up steps, thousends of them :-(.
Only rainclud on my sky is the fact that I have been sick for over a week and still are. My stomach is shot and I keep feeling nauseas. But spoke to doctor over the phone and on medication now so should hopefully be OK. Will go see the doctor in Cuzco before the trail if still sick but hopfully there will be no need.

Also no shower for 4 days sounds a bit staggeing ;-)

But yeah I am looking forward to it and will enjoy seeing Machu Picchu at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment