Sunday 4 April 2010

Goblin, fairies and trolls

Anybody who knows me well knows I live in a fairy tale world all off my own (or like people call it: lala land).
Also I have a tendency to get unhealthily obsessed with the strangest of things. The best example of that would be my obsession with the X-men comics, I started reading them when I was about 12-13 years old, and never stopped.
When I was younger I was really worried that I would one day grow out of my fairytale mind. I remember looking at adults and thinking that one day I would be like them and only live in the "real" world. But this year I am turning 30 and it's very clear that I will never loose this mind of mine (unless I go senile when older or something) so for that I am very grateful.

Anyways the point of this rant was to share with you all my latest obsession, I was recently introduced to this children movie from 1986. I had never even heard if it which I feel is a great pity, but at least I have found it now.
The movie was called the Labyrinth and has the amazing David Bowie in it playing the Goblin King!


Now I have never actually had the hots for David Bowie (and still don't), but the Goblin King, well...wow!
Also the girl Jennifer Connelly (now a grown up actress playing in movies such as Blood Diamond and He's Just Not That In To You) is a good actress and seem very sweet.

So my advice is twidlypeeps. Watch this movie (if you haven't already)! The storyline is actually really good and David Bowie is awesome as the Goblin King and I'm not just saying that cause he's hot as the Goblin King (which he is), he's also a really really good actor.

There is really only one think wrong with the movie. It ends the only way it really can end but the ending does leave the desire for a sequel. This coming from the woman that even though she loves X-men (and especially Hugh Jackman) wish they would stop making sequels to the movies since they are mucking it up more and more. This movie thou practically begs for a sequel and so am I.
So please please please if someone important reads this, please make a sequel. This movie needs an ending and I'm quite sure whoever has seen it knows what ending I want.

Also how come I can't seem to find any good fan fic for this movie? I've found some but so far nothing good. I want some where the characters haven't completely changed personality! Just some simple what happened next stories but so far no luck :-( If anybody knows of a good Labyrinth fan fic please share. There is loads of great X-men fics out there so there must be atleast one good labyrinth fic too.

Oh and Karin, have you seen this movie when you were younger? If so shame for not telling me about it! And if you haven't then I'll bring it next time I go home and you can watch it with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment