Monday 2 January 2012

Writing

I don't think I have enough patience when I write. I will get this idea in my head of a scene and then I build the storyline around the scene rather then building scenes around the storyline, and I always want to get to the point straight away so it's hard for me to keep a story going.



For the first time in a long time I have this idea of a story line in my head which I actual quite like and now I just have to figure out how to put it down on paper without jumping straight to the punchline. Also I have no scenes planned, so I am in a position which feels strange to me.



I've also written a short children's story and gotten a friend to agree to paint the pictures which I am looking forward to. But since I wrote it I have decided I am not happy with it so now I am writing and rewriting it over and over. I wonder if it will be the same story once I am done or in fact if I will ever be done.

I think it would really help if I could find a local writing course to attend but as the one I applied for got cancelled I am not sure I will have much luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment